Happy National Sloth Day!
1. Sloths are clumsy on land but are great swimmers.
2. Sloths are arboreal animals, so they spend most of their time in trees.
3. Sloths sleep about 10 hours a day.
4. Algae grow on their fur, which camouflages them green.
5. Sloths’ primary predators include eagles, snakes, and jaguars.
6. Three-toed sloths can turn their heads almost 360 degrees.
7. Sloths can live up to 40 years old.
Want to find out more about Sloths, watch adorable videos of Sloths or join the Sloth Appreciation Society?! Mmmmm, YES!
Click the image below to visit Slothville, your Sloth headquarters!